Wednesday, March 23, 2011

World Famous

okay...so maybe not WORLD famous, but you get my drift. i get weekly requests for my cookie recipe. and i'll boast...it's incredible. my own recipe. i tweaked, changed, and flubbed this recipe for over a year to make it perfection. so here you go...
shannon petersen's world famous chocolate chip cookies...
  • 2 sticks UNSALTED butter, softened
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs, room temp
  • 2 tsp IMITATION vanilla (i've tried the pure stuff, doesn't taste good to me)
  • 3 heaping cups all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp salt (kosher salt is good too!)
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 bag of SEMI SWEET (or bittersweet if you're like me) Chocolate Chips (and another trick, i found the Guittard brand melts the best. if you can AVOID using Hershey brand chocolate chips. and don't EVER use milk chocolate. sorry, it tastes gross)
Preheat to 375. Cream the sugars and butter together until very light and fluffy. Add in 1 egg at a time while mixer is on low. Add in vanilla. Next add in dry ingredients. I do it 1 cup at a time, and on the 2nd cup, i add in the soda, salt, and powder. When everything is mixed, and you taste it of course, hand FOLD in the chocolate chips. Bake for 5-6 minutes, depending on your oven. Mine takes exactly 5 minutes and 45 seconds. And if you've had the pleasure of personally eating my cookies, you know i ALWAYS burn a batch. USE A TIMER! :)
i'll post my banana bread recipe next...it's just as incredible!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Mine never look like that! Maybe I don't cook them long enough. Then again, my oven is 25 degrees off...

I take mine out JUST when I see the tops getting toasty. They're more of a golden yellow/white cookie than brown and I love them that way!

Thanks for sharing (again)!

anna said...

i just made these cookies. they are the bomb!