Wednesday, March 30, 2011

oh Banana Bread...how i've missed you! actually let's be honest, i miss any kind of bread. whenever i do extreme low carb dieting, i tend to miss the following: tortilla chips, ritz crackers, and banana bread. and why i'm torturing myself with posting this recipe, i don't know. and yes, it feels like this is turning into a recipe blog...but trust me, i'll entertain you with more than just fattening foods! (although this is what i do best...)


Shannon's Amazing Banana Bread



2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
3-4 over ripe bananas
2 tsp imitation vanilla
2/3 cup sour cream
2 2/3 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
Nuts (optional...pecans or walnuts are best)

Preheat oven to 325. Cream the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, one at a time. Add in bananas (if using a stand mixer, just throw them in, if using a hand mixer, you might want to smash them first). Add in vanilla. Take dry ingredients and sift together. Add about 1/2 of the dry ingredients and mix well. Add in sour cream and mix well. Finally, add in last of dry ingredients and mix well. Pour into 2 pre-greased, AND pre-floured bread pans. Cook for 45-60 minutes, depending on your oven. best banana bread you'll ever eat. the secret is in the cinnamon and sour cream. if the tops of your bread seem to brown easily (like mine do) put some foil lightly over the top of the bread for the last 15 minutes.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm a big carb lover myself so I'd go through bread withdrawal myself if I went low carb. That is one beautiful looking loaf of banana bread, hard to resist. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your banana bread up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/04/sweets-for-saturday-11.html