Tuesday, January 25, 2011

geez, how many of these can i start?

so i started a personal blog last summer, and as i read over it, it depressed me. i tried to get a wordpress blog, but honestly it was too confusing and i don't have the time to re-learn it all. so here it is, a brand new blog for a brand new year.

i'll be honest, i'm not too good at blogging anymore. it seems like life gets in the way and truthfully there are more important things for me to do other than blogging. but i need to preserve memories, allow in-laws in other state to view the kiddo's, and keep track of what we're doing. so all 3 of you, get ready...i vow to do better.

it's been a long year to say the least. life has had its ups and downs...and mainly downs for 2010...but i'm looking forward to a new year and new experiences (but likely more challenges). i've been on my own for a year now and it finally seems like i have a good routine and life feels more comfortable. i wouldn't relive the last year for anything, and i refuse to dwell on what happened. so from here on out, it's about the now. the positive, sometimes frustrating, but optimistic future. in that, i'm going to look behind for a minute and recall some highlights:
  • i got a new job at Platinum Protection...we do home security systems and i'm the assistant to the CEO, CFO, and COO. i love this company and i love my bosses.
  • eden turned 1 back in january and collin turned 6 in december
  • big C started kindergarden
  • my house is off the market, which means we get to stay for now!
  • i lost 50 pounds, 6 sizes, and 1/2 my body fat
  • took collin to Disneyland and the beach for the first time, and his dad got to join us for a day
  • saw john mayer in concert...a lifetime desire :)

other than that, i can't think of much else that happened...other than the daily grind. i'm still cooking, sewing, reading, running (in the summer), and started a new work out program last night, that will most likely be a topic of discussion. i'll also document more of my low-carb lifestyle eating that has transformed my body and self image. and as always, there will be collin-isms galore, videos of eden dancing and singing, and maybe a story here and there about the 2 loves of my life :)

8 comments:

The Clarks said...

yea! i'm so excited for this! we miss you guys so very much.

The McCluskeys said...

You are so inspiring, Shannon. Thanks for sharing!

Julie said...

Yay! I love the new blog. And I can't wait to read all about you and the kids!!!! Love you!

Sam, Sheerstie, Jaylee, and Caden said...

Glad to see you are back!:)

angie j. said...

so happy you're blogging again - your kids are so cute - i've been loving the videos of eden. i need to do more of that!!

love you bunches - can't you get on googlechat??

Jacqs said...

Thank goodness!! I think you started me on the blog, and I think you have forgotten the rules we set!!! Glad your did this I miss seeing pictures of you and the kids

Mands Glenn said...

Can't wait! Love and MIss ya!

Jocelyn said...

fun! hopefully you can inspire me to start blogging again too! your kids are the cutest... i just love you all!